This once-weekly injection is intended to help anyone who desires to lose weight, but has been reported to be most effective in individuals desiring to lose 30-50 pounds or for anyone who has reached a “plateau” or “hit the wall” in their weight loss efforts!.
DESCRIPTION OF INGREDIENTS
LIPOTROPIC (fat burning) Nutrients included:
VITAMINS and MINERALS included:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS included:
LIPOTROPIC NUTRIENTS help breakdown fat during the metabolic process. These nutrients, which include methionine, choline and inositol promote the exportation and burning of fat from the liver for extra energy, thereby promoting liver health. Without lipotropics such as choline and inositol, fats and bile can become trapped in the liver, causing severe problems such as cirrhosis and the blockage of proper fat metabolism.
- METHIONINE is an essential amino acid, meaning that it is a nutrient that our bodies absolutely need to function properly. Methionine assists in the breakdown of fats in the body, thereby preventing buildup of fatty deposits in the blood vessels which cause coronary artery disease and blockages in other parts of the body including the neck and legs. It is also instrumental in helping to detoxify or cleanse the liver of the toxins that the liver normally removes from the circulating blood. These toxins
are the byproducts of foods, alcohol and medications/drugs that you take and everyone has the potential for buildup of these damaging toxins. Adequate levels of Methionine are also showing to be important in the prevention of lung cancer. In a new study from the International Agency for Research on Cancer in Lyon, France, researcher Paul Brennan, PhD reports “Vitamin B6 and methionine are strongly associated with reducing lung cancer risk in people who never smoked, those who quit, and current smokers."
- CHOLINE is essential for fat metabolism and also assists in detoxification of the liver. Choline supplements may reduce homocysteine levels in the blood, thus reducing the likelihood of heart disease. Choline is often taken as a form of 'smart drug', being a precursor or building block of acetylcholine. Research suggests that memory, intelligence and mood are improved by adequate levels of choline.
- INOSITOL is a vitamin-like substance that is instrumental in breaking down fat molecules and reducing cholesterol in the body. It is also associated with proper insulin function which is necessary for utilization of carbohydrates. Inositol is also key in modulating serotonin levels, with serotonin being partially responsible for feelings of well-being versus depression. Inositol is also used for diabetic nerve pain, panic disorder, insomnia, cancer, depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, psoriasis and promoting hair growth.
- VITAMIN B-6 is required by your body for utilization of energy in the foods you eat, production of red blood cells, and proper functioning of nerves. It is used to treat and prevent vitamin B6 deficiency resulting from poor diet, certain medications, and some medical conditions.
- VITAMIN B-12 is another nutrient necessary for proper central nervous system function. Since red meats are the most significant source of Vitamin B12 in our diets, many of us are deficient and do not realize it. Many people who take this as a supplement on a regular basis report they have more energy, healthier immune systems, less allergies, stress, depression, more stamina, better sleep and less frequent, less severe headaches. It is now being used to treat early onset Alzheimer’s disease and as a treatment for children with autism and similar disabilities.
- CHROMIUM is a mineral vital to the body for normal growth and overall health. Chromium helps the body metabolize sugar correctly and assists in the breakdown of ingested proteins and fats. It is widely recommended as a supplement for people with diabetes.
- ADENOSINE (in the form used in this formulation) is known to increase energy by enhancing metabolism through the intracellular transfer of energy. It also promotes a sensation of satiety or “fullness”. Because of its vasodilatation effects, some people may experience symptoms such as facial flushing, lightheadedness or a metallic taste.
- L-CARNITINE contributes to energy metabolism by facilitating the breakdown of excess triglycerides in the blood. It has been shown to improve neurotransmitter function in the brain, especially in elderly patients. It also exhibits a substantial antioxidant effect and causes improved glucose metabolism while helping build lean muscle mass. L-carnitine has also proven effective in treating some causes
of male infertility and kidney disease.
(9) Journal of Endocrinology 4/2000 vol 141 (4) p1442-1445